Quick and delicious pumpkin date cookies are great for snacking on and perfect for your after school snack or coffee break.
Pumpkin Date Cookies
A little bit more about these yummy pumpkin cookies full of dates and walnuts and topped with a cream cheese frosting.
How you can get involved
I will be participating in TWO Bake Sales with my daughter’s school in October. This will be our second year fundraising for this cause. It’s really easy to get involved, help out a good cause, and raise awareness.
Get involved with a bake sale at your school, church, community yard sale or civic group because every event helps – no matter how big or small.
The second fundraiser will be on October 26th during the Shepherdstown Boo-Fest. This is an awesome weekend full of fun activities for the kids and the kid inside of us.
If you are in the panhandle of West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, or even south-western Pennsylvania, come out and join us in Shepherdstown, WV.
Be A Good Cookie with OXO
Disclaimer – OXO provided me with some baking tools for this post. I am hosting the fundraisers on my own accord. Please read the information below provided from OXO about their involvement in Cookies for Kids Cancer.
For every stickered item sold, OXO will donate 25 cents in support of pediatric cancer research as part of its $100,000* pledge to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Look for specially marked OXO products at participating retailers in September.
|For more information about OXO’s involvement with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, visit oxogoodcookies.com, or watch this video. To learn more about this worthy cause, visit cookiesforkidscancer.org.|
For the Cookies
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 C pumpkin, canned
- 2 eggs
- 2 C flour
- 2 tea baking powder
- 2 tea cinnamon
- 1/2 tea nut meg
- 1/2 tea ginger
- 1/4 tea cloves, ground
- 1 C chopped dates
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 C butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 .
- If using whole dates, chop up and toss with some flour to help with the sticky pieces.
- Beat the sugar and butter for three minutes. Add in the pumpkin and eggs. Add the dry ingredients and mix. Hand stir in the dates and walnuts.
- Using an OXO Good Grips Cookie Scoop measure out the batter on to a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until the center is baked and edges are set. Remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire wrack.
- For the Frosting
- Beat all the ingredients until smooth. Spread over the cookies and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- OXO Good Grips Cookie Scoop, Medium, Stainless Steel
- OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Cookie Sheet
- OXO Good Grips Cooling Rack
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.