I actually made this treat twice. I made it once in a full bundt pan but I wasn’t too happy with the result. Since I didn’t want to coat it in a glaze, I wasn’t pleased with the overall color of it for photos. It was still absolutely amazing to eat and everyone enjoyed it immensely! (If you are going to make a full sized bundt pan, use two containers of biscuits and double up everything.)
Plump cherries stuffed into the bread pieces with warm chocolate chips – I was in heaven! Enjoy!
Chocolate Cherry Monkey Bread Muffins
- 1 package pre-made Biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 cup Cherries, pitted and cut in half
- Jumbo Muffin Pan
- Chocolate Chips
- Pit the cherries and cut them in half.
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F and spray your pan with non-stick spray.
- Divide the biscuits and cut them into quarters. Open the pieces and place half a cherry into the center then pinch closed.
- Melt the butter and stir in the sugar. Coat the biscuit pieces in the butter and place 5 to 6 pieces into each cup.
- Sprinkle a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar on top of each cup.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the tops start to brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over. The heat from the muffins will soften the chocolate.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- I preferred these on the slightly warm side and not piping hot.
by Karyn Granrud