Easy to whip up and quick to bake, these lemon pudding cakes are the perfect dessert any night of the week. Top them with your favorite fresh berries.
Lemon Pudding Cakes
Who doesn’t love a quick and easy lemon dessert? This dessert is so fresh and bursting with great flavor that just makes your mouth sing and when they are ready to go in under 10 minutes, there’s no denying that they these Lemon Pudding Cakes are just what weeknights are made for!
There’s no real pudding involved in the recipe, but the center of the little cakes stays soft and creamy while the cakes bake up light and fluffy. Think of it like a chocolate lava cake – only in lemon flavor.
Does your family eat dessert on weeknights or is it more of a weekend treat? I know it’s easy to just keep some ice cream in the freezer or chocolate in the pantry, but these little cakes are just calling to be made tonight. There’s no special ingredients required and I’m sure that you have everything that you need in your fridge and pantry.
So, what’s holding you back?
While dinner is in the oven, the kids can make the dessert. Then while you’re eating dinner, these can cook and cool and be ready for dessert before bedtime. It’s just that perfect!
You can decide the serving size that is perfect for your family. I ended up with three servings for my family. Of course, you can always bake a full sized Meyer Lemon Pudding Cake, or opt for a Meyer Lemon Mug Cake (psst, it’s also GF) if you don’t want to share with anyone. And, if you are preparing cakes for a crowd, try this recipe for Mini Meyer Lemon Bundt Cakes. See, something for everyone to enjoy!
I hope that you enjoy this quick and easy lemon pudding cake recipe as much as we did!
I know you’re looking for more great Lemon Desserts! Here’s a few to enjoy!
- 2/3 C sugar + more for dusting
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 2/3 C milk
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 C flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh berries and powdered sugar for topping
- Spray your ramekins with cooking spray and dust with sugar. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, milk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Sift in the sugar, flour and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl whip the egg whites to a soft peaks form. Fold the whipped egg whites into the lemon batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared ramekins. Place the ramekins into a baking pan and add water to the pan to create a water bath. The water should only reach half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cakes are springy and golden brown on top. Serve warm with powdered sugar or allow to cool and top with fresh berries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 2gSugar: 66gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.