Whip up this quick and easy sugar-free Chocolate Whipped Cream and serve it with fresh berries for a great treat and zero guilt.
Easy Low Carb Cocoa Whipped Cream
This summer, stick to your diet while still enjoying life! This sugar-free chocolate whipped cream will fit in perfectly with your Keto and low-carb eating habits. No need to sacrifice your hard work in the gym. This whipped cream is sweetened with liquid stevia and some chocolate extract.
Is Whipped Cream Keto?
You bet it is! With less than 2 grams of carbs for a 1/4 cup serving of heavy cream and whipping cream are keto-friendly.
Is Stevia Keto?
That’s exactly why we are using it. In fact, Stevia is nearly 300 times sweeter than straight sugar. With this in mind, a few drops go a long way to sweeten up your whipped cream or ice tea. Stevia has no carbs so it’s perfect for your keto-friendly diet.
How to make Whipped Cream
Making sugar-free chocolate whipped cream is very easy. All you need is a cold mixing bowl and beaters. You can do it with muscle power and simply use a whisk, however, I prefer to use a handheld mixer, a stand-up mixer, or even an immersion blender to make whipped cream. The key factor is knowing when to stop whipping.
Stages of Whipped Cream
- No Peaks – The cream is still runny, but there are bubbles and it is thickening.
- Soft Peaks – The whipped cream will start to hold the lines left from the mixer, however it will not stick to the whisk when removed from the bowl.
- Stiff Peaks – The whipped cream has doubled or even tripled in volume. When you remove the whisk from the bowl, the “peak” of the cream holds its shape.
- Over Whipped – The milkfat is seperating from the water and is turning into butter.
For this Sugar-Free Chocolate Whipped Cream recipe, you want to go just past soft peaks, but not completely into stiff peaks.
Here’s a few more healthy, low sugar desserts –
- 1 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Coffee Extract or Chocolate Extract
- 1 tsp Liquid Stevia (add more to taste)
- 2 Tbls Cocoa Powder
- Add whipped cream to a mixer with a whisk attachment and start on medium speed. Slowly add in ingredients until thick and soft peaks form. It should triple in volume.
- Serve with fresh berries and enjoy as an appetizer or dessert.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 45Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.