Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/acorn-brownie-pops/
© 2015 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
For the Brownies
oz box of your favorite Brownie Mix
C unsweetened applesauce
For the Acorns
Peanut Butter Candy Melts
Dark Chocolate Candy Melts
Chocolate Candy or Pretzel Stick
For the Frosting
C powdered Sugar
C cocoa powder
– 4 Tbls milk
- Mix the brownie mix, unsweetened applesauce, water and egg until combined. Transfer into the brownie pop mold and bake ad directed (350 for 20 minutes).
- Bake the remainder of the mix in a cupcake pan.
- Cool the brownies completely.
- Melt the peanut butter and chocolate candy melts in the microwave following the directions. Do not overheat. Stir the mixture to make sure that it is smooth and completely melted. Dip the rounded end of the “pop” into the peanut butter, shake off the excess coating and then insert a lollipop stick either at an angle or right up the middle. Stand the pops up to dry letting the peanut butter harden before dipping it into the chocolate.
- Use the lollipop stick as a handle to dip the top of the acorn into the dark chocolate. Holding the pop upside down, shake off the excess coating then sprinkle on some chocolate sprinkles and add a little stem. Stand up to dry.
- Cream the butter in a stand up mixer. Alternate adding the milk and powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Whip it until it’s smooth and creamy. Pipe some on to each brownie, add some festive sprinkles and serve.
- Refrigerate the frosted brownie 4 hours if you are going to stand the pop in the brownie.