Delicious apricot cookie bars that are really different. I love apricots and thought these bars were a tasty treat!
I have been visiting my girlfriend up in Connecticut this weekend and I don’t want to drive home on Monday! First of all, it’s a six-hour drive plus potty breaks and snack stops. We left West Virginia at 10:30 and drove through Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and finally into Connecticut at 6:45! My Little Cup and I were pooped!
But it was so worth it!
You know what else is worth it? These Apricot Bars!
They were delicious!
I really wanted to bake something for my girlfriend, but her little girl is allergic to eggs 🙁
I did not want to experiment with egg-free baking without knowing how it would turn out. Do any of you bakers make treats that are egg-free?? Well, besides Rice Krispie Treats. I’d love to hear some of your suggestions for egg-free BAKED goods. Thanks!
- 2/3 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar (decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8-inch square pan.
- Place apricots and enough water to cover in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and cool, then chop coarsely.
- Cream together the butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 cup flour until crumbly. Sprinkle the mixture into the prepared pan, and pack down. Bake in the preheated oven until firm and slightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs and brown sugar until well blended. Combine 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the egg mixture. Mix in vanilla, walnuts, and apricots. Spread mixture over baked layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm. Let cool on wire racks. Cut into bars and dip in confectioners’ sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.