This is the easiest Crumb Cake you will ever make! I love recipes that I don’t have to buy special ingredients for or plan an afternoon making. Mix together, bake, and serve this amazing cherry cake.
Quick Cherry Crumb Cake (from mix)
For the cake
- 1 package Yellow Cake mix 18 oz, or from scratch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 packet yeast
- ⅔ cup warm water
- 2 eggs medium sized
- 2 cans Cherry Pie filling 21 oz
- ½ cup butter
For the Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup powered sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Measure 2 cups of the cake mix and combine with the separate flour and yeast.
- Add the water and stir. Now add the eggs and stir again. It will be a thick, sticky glob – just get it all blended together. Let it sit for 10 mins for the yeast to activate.
- Use the back of a spatula to flatten the mix into the bottom of a greased 9×13" pan.
- Open the 2 cans of cherry pie filling and add it on top of the cake batter to the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the cake mix with the butter and mash with a fork. Use your fingers to combine until it forms a crumbly dough. Think about making biscuits – it is kinda like that.
- Then sprinkle the butter-flour mixture evenly over the cherry filling and bake at 350° F for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for a few minutes.
- In the meantime make the glaze: Mix powdered sugar with the milk and stir until smooth. Drizzle over the warm cake and serve!
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.