Chocolate and Walnut Bread Pudding with Kahlua Cream Sauce
O. M. G!
This was THE dessert of the month! And my husband ate every single bite!
As he was licking the bowl clean, he very strongly told me to never make this again. And then he had a second bowl! I was shocked! SHOCKED I tell ya. This was made with cinnamon raisin bread and the man hates raisins. I didn’t have the heart to tell him what was in it.
It’s kinda like that sometimes. You sit down to a “normal” meal and only later you find out what was in it. I have no idea that there were anchovies and raw eggs in Caesar dressing. No. Clue. I also had no idea that the delicious crock pot meatballs I was really enjoying were made with a jar of grape jelly. I was so confused with that one!
So, I just didn’t have the heart to ruin my husbands joy while he was eating this bread pudding.
It was so decadent! Cinnamon Raisin Bread, chocolate chunks, walnuts, and then topped with the Kahlua sauce I made! So yummy! I definitely had to make up the calories in this.
I was so pleased with this dessert. The original recipe called for basic loaf of french bread, which is fine… but the cinnamon and chocolate paired so nicely! It really was a magical dessert.
For the Cinnamon Raisin Bread Bread Recipe click HERE
For the Kahlua Cream Recipe click HERE
- Toast your bread chunks if the bread is still fresh. Preheat oven to 300 deg F and rip bread into bite-sized chunks and bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Turn the bread over half way though to toast the other side.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F and butter a 9×13 baking dish – 3 quart. Spread the bread into the pan and sprinkle on the chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla and pour evenly over the bread. Press down on the bread to aid in absorbing the moisture.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If the edges start to brown, cover with foil for the last 10 minutes.
- Warm the Kahlua sauce. If you made your sauce a day before, use a double boiler to reheat the sauce without cooking it. If the sauce is too thick, add one tablespoon of milk at a time and stir until thinner.
- Cool for 20 minutes, then serve with warm Kahlua Sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 3gSugar: 51gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.