Your family is going to flip for this Chocolate and Peanut Butter Crepe Cake. It’s got 18 layers of crepes and is topped with Aebleskiver.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crepe Cake
My husband is the real Chocolate Peanut Butter lover in the house. Since he doesn’t try any of the fruit desserts I make, I make some treats special for him. THIS was his special dessert. Eighteen layers of chocolate crepes loaded up with sweetened cream cheese and peanut butter then topped with Resees’ Peanut Butter Cup Aebleskiver.
He was totally blown away when he saw this dessert. It’s a total first for me. Almost all of it was new to me. It was my first time making Aebleskiver . It was my first time making crepes. I think I did a pretty good job at both of them! I’m kinda proud of myself.
What is a Crepe Cake?
Crepe Cakes are also known as Mille Cales. “Mille” is a French term meaning thousand, and as you can see there appears to be a thousand layers to this cake. Ok, not really, but if you count up the crepe layers + the filling + the sauce + the Aebleskiver = 40 layers of decadent yumminess!
Assembling the Crepe Cake
Putting this “cake” together was pretty easy and I did make it all in one day. None of it is very labor-intensive or tricky to make. It is time-consuming to stand at the stove for an hour to cook everything one at a time, but it all held up great and came together perfectly.
First, I made the Chocolate Crepes. They are easy, but as I said, time-consuming to make one at a time.
Finally, I layered the cream cheese filling between 18 layers of crepes. Then I just topped the stack of crepes with more peanut butter and the Aebleskiver. Easy Peasy!
I hope that you try these wonderful treats. They really should not be missed.
There are 18 chocolate crepes with a layer of cream cheese, chocolate spread and peanut butter in between each one. Then I’ve topped them a peanut butter spread, added the Reese’s Peanut Butter stuffed Aebleskiver, drizzled on some chocolate syrup and then gave it a good dusting of powdered sugar! Aaaahhhhhh! Makes you wanna dive into that mountain of sugar doesn’t it.
- Mix equal parts cream cheese, chocolate spread, and peanut butter in a mixer on medium speed. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Layer a crepe with one to two tablespoons of the chocolate cream cheese filling and spread it evenly. Be careful not to get too much in the center of the crepes and too little at the edges. You'll end up with a large mound in the center.
- Heat your peanut butter and coconut oil in the microwave for 10 - 20 seconds together and stir until melted and smooth. Pour over the crepes.
- Arrange the Aebleskiver around the top. I did have to anchor a few with a toothpick because they kept sliding off with the peanut butter.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup and a few sprinkles of powdered sugar. You can also add a few mini chocolate chips if you'd like.
- Enjoy it layer by layer or bite by bite. There's no wrong way to eat this.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.