Everyone is going to love these easy caramel apples when you have a make-your-own station loaded with fun sprinkles and toppings.
Easy Caramel Apples and Slices
Caramel Apples can be a real pain in the butt to make, but when you have the Caramel Apple Dip from Wilton, you’re gonna rock with your candy apple skills. Growing up, caramel apples were just for fairs. I remember getting those caramel disks that you could mold around the apples for that oh so ugly fake caramel apple look. Haha! I thought I was such a cool 12 year old with my homemade apples.
As I’ve matured, I have learned that making homemade caramel apples that are awesome can also be easy.
I picked up some green apples to dip and decorate for teacher gifts. Then I rummaged through my pantry and used some mini dehydrated marshmallows, chopped peanuts, chocolate jimmies, and a crushed up sugar cone.
The caramel dip is great! I simply followed the heating instructions and the consistency was perfect to dip a whole apple. Just be sure that you apple is DRY and at room temperature. Wash it off and make sure that there is no more waxy residue on it. Push the stick into the apple and dip into the caramel. Scrape off the excess caramel on the bottom of the apple and add the toppings to the sticky caramel. Stand the apple up in the large treat cup and allow it to harden.
When doing the slices, lay them out on a napkin for a few minutes to dry them as much as possible. Then, dip the apples and dunk into the topping. It’s perfect and so easy to let the kids do on their own.
The caramel will take a few minutes to set up and then you can melt some chocolate to make a chocolate swirl and then attach the sprinkles to the chocolate.
When the caramel apples are dry, place them into the caramel apple boxes with a label for a fun fall gift to your neighbors, teachers, and friends.
Disclaimer – I am a proud member of the Wilton Sweet Team. This is a sponsored post, however all opinions are my own.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 4 apples, any variety
- Wilton Caramel Dip
- Chopped nuts
- Crushed cookies
- Mini marshmallows
- Any other toppings you like!
- Wash and dry your apples completely.
- Heat the caramel dip according to the instructions and put into a bowl large enough to dip your apple.
- Push your stick of choice into the apple and dip into the caramel. Scrape off the excess caramel on the bottom of the apple and add your toppings to the sticky caramel.
- Set apple aside on a treat cup or on parchment paper and let the caramel and toppings set.
- If you'd rather do apple slices, lay them out on a napkin for a few minutes to dry them as much as possible. Then, dip the apples and dunk into the topping. It’s perfect and so easy to let the kids do on their own.
- If you'd like to add chocolate, melt some chips and drizzle it on once the caramel has hardened.