I love hot chocolate on a cold night. It’s warm and comforting – you can hold the mug in your hands and feel the radiating heat warming your hands and your soul. However, every now and then something new comes into your life and things are a changed. I have recently fallen in love with this Horchata Hot Chocolate and there is no going back. What’s even better is pouring the hot chocolate over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. A hot chocolate float is a decadent treat!
- Your favorite Hot Chocolate Recipe
- I like this one – it makes 4 servings
- 1 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 C water
- 1/2 C Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1/2 C [url href=”http://amzn.to/20KG8jJ” target=”_blank”]Horhcata powder mix[/url]
- vanilla ice cream
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk, water, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt in a heavy bottom pot and bring to a simmer. Add in the horchata mix and stir to combine.
- Add a few scoops of vanilla ice cream to mugs and pour over the hot chocolate and serve.
- You can also make [url href=”https://pintsizedbaker.com/4-ingredient-horchata-ice-cream/” target=”_blank”]Horchata Ice Cream[/url] and serve plain hot chocolate over it.
- Top with whipped cream if desired and sprinkles for something fun!
Have you ever tried a Horchata drink? It’s a milk based drink that is flavored with rice, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg. It’s a great additional spice flavor to the chocolate. You can make Horchata from scratch – there are a lot of recipes on the internet for it – however, I like the ease that the powder mix provides. I picked up a bag of it from a local International Grocery store and I am so glad that I did. Look for it in your local store or order some on Amazon.
Sprinkles always make a fun drink better. Don’t’cha think? To add a fun, colorful burst to the edge of the cup, I added a bit of corn syrup to the edge of the mug and then dipped it into the sprinkles. It’s fun to add to any milkshake, float, or even coffee drink.