A wonderful Lilikoi Cheesecake made with a macadamia nut shortbread crust, a smooth cheesecake filling, and a passion fruit topping.
Currently, I am on vacation in Hawaii on the Big Island and I have fallen back in love with Lilikoi (Passion Fruit) and now I want to make everything with lilikoi and I have three cups to bring home with me. I am so excited.
I ended up making it twice. Once, in exchange for my cheesecake baking skills for some lilikoi lessons. The second cheesecake was for my family to enjoy. My Mom’s friend wanted to learn how to make cheesecake and in return, she taught me all about picking and processing the lilikoi.
This was a very soft cheesecake. I’m not sure if it was because of the sour cream or the cooking time. It’s a Tyler Florance recipe and I thought it would be easy enough and pretty fool-proof for a first-time cheesecake lesson. Everyone loved it!!
For this cheesecake, I added 3/4 of the batter to the shell and then added about a cup of lilikoi to the center before topping it off with the remaining cheesecake filling. For the second one, we filled the shell and then added dots of the lilikoi and swirled it into the top.
To see even MORE Amazing Cheesecakes on National Cheesecake Day, check out all of these amazing blog posts!
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lightened-up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- No-Bake Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Caramel cheesecake martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
For the Crust
- 2 cups ground Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies
- ¾ cup melted butter
For the Filling
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks, cream cheese softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- Lilikoi Curd
For the Crust
- Ground-up the Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies, about 12 - 15 cookies depending on the size. Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press it down and up the sides of a springform pan. Refrigerate the pan.
For the Filling
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Cream the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add in the eggs, sugar and sour cream. The mixture should be smooth and have no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust, adding 1/2 cup of lilikoi curd if desired. Wrap the springform pan with foil to create a watertight seal. Place it into a larger pan and fill ⅔ up the side with water to make a waterbath.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes in the waterbath to prevent cracking.
- Cool in the pan for 1 hour then cover it and place it into the fridge for eight hours. Overnight is best.
- Remove from the springform pan and top with the lilikoi curd before serving.
Recipe from Food Network
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.