Homemade Peanut Butter Cookie Dough that is safe to eat and great to add to a layer cake! You can add this to ice cream or make truffles with it as well!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
I love cookie dough (even with eggs… I’m reckless like that).
Wondering how I got it in that perfect disk? I used a springform pan and lined the bottom and sides with parchment paper and did my best to get it flat and even. This worked like a charm to just place it between my cake layers. Try it with your buttercream as well. It was an easy way to get an amazing center! Just be sure to use the same sized pans that you baked the cakes in. You can make this the day before baking and transfer it out of the pan to bake in it.
Be sure to keep the cookie dough cold, so wrap it in plastic wrap and put it into a Ziplock bag to store it in the fridge.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth will both work, so pick your favorite kind)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Blend butter and peanut butter in a mixing bowl. Add in the sugars and blend until smooth. Add in remaining ingredients.
- Line a 9 inch round cake pan with parchment paper (bottom and sides).
- Transfer the cookie dough into the pan and smooth. Tap the pan on the counter a few times to settle the dough.
- Place in the fridge overnight.