Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/sophia-first-inspired-cake-truffles/
© 2014 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Sophia the First Cake Truffles
Got a little princess who loves Disney? She's going to love these Sophia the First Inspired Cake Truffles for her next princess party!
Purple Candy Melts
White Candy Melts
Tiara/ Crown Mold
Pearl Dust – optional
- Make your cake pop batter and prepare your round cake balls.
- Melt the purple and white candy melts according the instructions.
- Fill the candy molds about 3/4 full and place a cake ball into each cavity. Leave them to harden, it should only take about 5 minutes.
- Remove them from the molds and dunk them into the opposite color. Use a toothpick to fill in any gaps left around the sides.
- Allow to dry.
- Make all of out crowns. These can be made well in advance. I gave mine a little dusting of dry pearl dust to add some shimmer.
- I also added some pearl dust to the purple tops to give them a more regal look.
- Add a little bit of melted candy to the back of the crown and attach it to the cake truffle. Hold it in place until it dries.
- Store on the counter away from the heat until ready to serve.