I love Chocolate Covered Strawberries. I think that they are really fun at parties and weddings. You usually see them in brown chocolate, but I decided to dress up my strawberries and put a bow on them.
Pink Candy Wafers to the rescue.
I had this Pink Champagne idea, so I thinned out the pink with some white. Unlike the marshmallows, I didn’t put any luster dust, pearl dust or shimmer spray on the strawberries.
I did glitterfy the bows I put on them 🙂
To make the bows, I used these Martha Stewart Crafter’s Clay Silicone Molds and just added some melted chocolate to them. Place the mold into the freezer for 5 minutes and then gently remove the bows from the mold. To add the glitter and shimmer, I used the Gold Disco Dust over them and the Silver and Rose Pearl Dust.
Aren’t they just so girly and perfect?
I LOVED them! And so did my daughter’s teachers.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Super girly and all dressed up chocolate covered strawberries.
- Wash and completely DRY your strawberries. There should be no water residue on them.
- Put your bag of candy melts into a large, deep mug and melt in the microwave being careful not to overheat it. Best practice is to do 1 minute and stir. Then 30 seconds at 70% power and stir. Let the heat of the mug aid in the melting of the candy. It should take about 5 minutes of stirring to get it all melted and smooth.
- Dip the Strawberry into the melted candy coating and tap off the excess.
- Place the strawberry on to a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper and ad a few small white non pareils and some larger white sugar pearls. Allow them to dry completely.
- Make your bows using the silicon mold then decorate them with some pearl dust or disco dust.
- To use the pearl dust, simply use a clean, dry paint brush to brush on the pearl dust to the dry candy coating. No drying required, just set it aside.
- To use the disco dust, wet your paint brush with water and wet the bow slightly. Brush on the disco dust going over it several times to make the shine "stick" to the candy. You will use a lot of disco dust.
- Add a small dot of melted candy to the back of the glitter bows and attach them to the strawberries.
- Serve and impress!