Rum Raisin Oatmeal Chocoalte Chip Cookies
So, according to my food holiday calendar, today is National Oatmeal Cookie Day! To celebrate, I’ve made some awesome Rum Raisin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for ya.
They were amazing! Fair warning, I soaked these raisins in rum for an entire week. Just do it! Soak them raisins and get them drunk! Really, really drunk!
And then, when they were fresh out of the oven, I sprinkled them with sea salt. Oh my gosh!
For the recipe, you’ll have to head on over to White Lights on Wednesday. I’m guest posting over there while Julie is off on her honeymoon.
Rum Raisin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
The BEST Rum Raisin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies you will ever have!
- 1 1/2 C raisins
- Dark rum (apx 1/2 – 3/4 C)
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 12 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 C packed bark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 C chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place the raisins into a plastic container and cover them with the rum. Cover the container and set it aside for at least 48 hours, but up to a week is better. Shake the container half way through the soaking time. The raisins should absorb almost all of the rum.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar with a paddle attachment until it’s light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla. Gradually add in the flour mixture on low speed until it’s just combined. Remove from the mixer and hand stir in the chocolate chips and raisins. Add up to 1 tablespoon of the excess rum, discard the rest.
- Measure out a tablespoon of batter and place them on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. The edges should be browned but the center will still be pale. Remove from the oven and sprinkle sea salt over them. Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy your adult Rum Raisin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with a big glass of milk.
by Karyn Granrud