Any Big Mac Lover is going to love this Big Mac Cake! It’s perfect for a fun Birthday cake, Father’s Day celebration, or just for fun! You get yellow sponge cake, fudgy brownie patties, and saucy fluff in different colors. Sweet burger anyone?
Juicy Big Mac Cake
Sing it with me!! “Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun!” Yeah! So why not make it into a cake! This is the funniest party cake for any occasion.
This Big Mac Cake has been on my mind for several months. I’ve seen the mini cupcake versions and I’ve seen the more life-like burgers with fondant. So, I went big and easy with this Big Mac Cake.
The Frosting aka sauces
This funny cake can be done with a butter cream frosting to make it heavier. I decided to use up all of these egg whites that are left over fro making the yellow cake. But if you prefer, replace the frosting recipe with this vanilla buttercream recipe.
Also, have you ever seen a “pretty” Big Mac? Be honest. They are kinda messy and never look they way they do in the commercials or promotional photos, so I think my messy version is spot on.
This cake is delicious, but also massive. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Big Mac Cake
For the frosting
- Put everything, except the vanilla, into a medium bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water to make a double boiler. Do not let the bowl touch the water. Place a spatula into the pot to allow the steam to escape.
- Cook mixture over medium-low heat and beat with a hand mixer on medium high speed. It should take seven minutes to achieve stiff peaks.
- Remove from heat and beat in vanilla. Separate into three bowls with food coloring. Whip in the colors being careful not to over whip the frosting. It will turn to liquid and loose all the air bubbles if you over whip.
- Frost immediately or cover with plastic wrap pressing onto the frosting to avoid drying out.
For the cake construction
- Level one cake layer and place on a serving tray. Whe the edges of the yellow cake are a bit browner than desired, trim them. Place a round fudgy brownie layer on top.
- Add some Orange (special sauce), Green (lettuce), and Yellow (cheese) allowing some to drip over the edges.
- Level a second yellow cake and repeat with the brownies and frosting as decribed above.
- Top with remaining yellow cake and sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.