When it comes to fun Halloween cake pops, this Witch’s Brew Cauldron Cake is my favorite! These cake pops are easy to make and so fun to eat. Perfect for a weekday dessert or for a Halloween party, everyone will love these cake pops.
Witch’s Brew Cauldron Cake Pops
Halloween is coming up and these are so much fun to make! Witches Brew Cauldron Cake Pops are so easy! Easy to customize, these cake pops are perfect. Make these cake pops for a Halloween party and wow your guests.
Everyone is going to love the witch’s cauldron pops, complete with bones and eyeballs. When you make these cake pops, it only requires a few steps. You will be using candy melts to cover the cake pops and candy bits to create the details.
Why Are My Cake Pops Cracking?
If you find that your cake pops are cracking, it is usually due to intense temperature changes. This is is caused if you have frozen the cake pops before placing it in the hot candy.
To avoid cracking, let the cake ball mixture come to room temperature before dipping them in the warm chocolate.
Also, once you have dipped the cake pops, let them sit for about 5 minutes at room temperature before placing them in the fridge to all them to finish setting. These little steps will help prevent the cake pops from cracking.
Can You Freeze Cake Pops?
Once you have made the cake pops, if you want to have them last longer, you can freeze them. Place the cake pops on a plate in the freezer for 1 hour.
Once frozen, you can place the Cauldron cake pops in a freezer bag or reusable container. The frozen cake pops will last up to 6 weeks in the freezer. Be sure to thaw the cake pops before serving.
Getting your tools
These fun cake pops are pretty easy to make and you can use the same technique if you are making the Goldfish Bowl Cake Pops. You can pick up all the supplies at your local craft store or Wal-Mart.
I’d suggest getting the Wilton bag of vibrant green disks because they will be easier to work with rather than coloring your own candy melts.
Want to add some fun Witch themed desserts to these Cauldron Cake Pops? Make some Witch’s Brew complete with eyeballs to drink, some Halloween Witch Hats to snack on, and after trick-or-treating, warm them up with some Melting Witches Hot Chocolate.
Don’t know how to make Cake Pops? I’ve got you covered! Check out my videos along with my tips on my Cake Pop Tutorials Page.
Also check out these Halloween Desserts.
Cauldron Cake Pops
Cake Pop Cake
- When using normal cake: Cut cake into quarters and place 1/4 into a mixing bowl. Add 2 Tablespoons of the melted chocolate and mix with a paddle attachment until smooth. There should be no cake lumps and there should be no sign of the frosting. The batter should be that of a play-doh consistency. Add more cake if there is visible frosting. Add more frosting if the batter appears dry.
- When using Cake Pop Base Batter, skip this step and go on with the next one.
Making the cake pops:
- Measure 1 tablespoon of the cake pop batter and place it on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. You should get 10 – 12 cake balls from 1/4 of a cake.Roll the batter between clean, dry hands until smooth. Do not compress the batter.
- Place the rolled cake balls into the fridge for 30 minutes depending on how soft your cake balls were. Do not place them into the freezer to speed things along. Getting the cake pops too cold will lead to cracked cake pops.
- Melt black, orange and half of the green candy melts seperately in a deep glass bowl or ceramic mug according to directions. Lay out the other ½ cup of green melts on the waxing paper.
- Remove cake balls from the fridge and layout one green candy melt disk per cake ball. Dip 1/4 inch of the stick into the black candy and then insert it halfway into the cake ball. Complete all the cake pops.
- Completely dip the cake pop into the black candy and tap off the excess. Place the cake pop down onto the green candy disk and put on the cake pop stand. Complete all cake pops.
- Using a toothpick, paint on the molten orange candy around the lollipop stick. It’s ok to be messy. This is the fire at the base of the cauldron. Complete all pops.
- Add some Cake Mate Decorators Red Gel to the orange melts to give it a red, glowing effect.
- Now carefully dip the green flat disk part of the cake pop into the melted green candy. Immediatey add the bonez and eyeballs to the wet candy and stand up on the stand to dry.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.Share Pin Tweet (X) Email
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.