Check out these amazingly awesome Marie Antoinette Cake Pops! Truly royal cake pops with a little lesson in history. If you enjoy decorating cake pops, these are for you.
These cake pops are inspired by Marie Antoinette. She is well-known for living somewhat extravagantly during the French Revolution in Europe and quoted as saying ‘Let Them Eat Cake’ while there were people starving. Her life was not all fun and games, though. Look her up. She led a pretty interesting life.
Thse cake pops are little masterpieces.
They are perfect to craft with your child and tease out the creativity.
Use any kind of little candy bits you like, anything goes.
Transporting your Cake Pops safely
Thanks to @Goodiebites for the inspiration and tutorial.
Also check out our 180+ Cake Pop Tutorials.
“Marie Antoinette” Cake Pop Tutorial
- Prepare the cake pop base from cake pop batter and form 12 balls. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball.
- Mix a skin tone with mixing molten brown and white candy melts. You can adjust the color tone after your liking. We choose a fair skin tone because Marie Antoinette naturally had a light skin tone. Begin making your cake pops by dipping your cake balls in the skin colored candy melts and allow to dry and set.
- Once they are hardened, using your melted white candy and a lollipop stick or toothpick, attach the mini marshmallows at the top of the head for the baroque hair style and continue adding around the sides.
- After those are set, keep building the marshmallows up using more melted candy. You can use a few marshmallows for a more modest look or pile them on to get wild and crazy – the sky’s the limit!
- Once that is all dry, you can attach various small candies using molten white candy – like the little flowers and pearls used here- and make any sort of pattern (or non-pattern!) you like.
- To make the face, use the edible ink pens. Paint face expressions as you like.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.