Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/chunky-applesauce/
© 2016 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
This Chunky Applesauce is best served warm and can be enjoyed at any meal.
- 3 pounds Apples (use a variety. I used Gala, Granny Apple, and Macintosh)
- 1/2 to 3/4 C Apple Juice or Cider
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- <1/2 cup Sugar ot 6 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Peel, core and slice apples into 1.2 inch slices.
- Add apples, apple juice, lemon juice and cinnamon stick into a large pot and cook over low heat until tender but not mushy. I was able to cut an apple with some force using a spatula.
- Add in sugar or honey and stir until dissolved and add in spices. Discard cinnamon stick.
- Use a wooden spoon or a potato masher to get the desired chunky consistency. If you want a smooth sauce, use a food processor or manually mash and then press through a coarse sieve.
- I liked it best served warm. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.