Do you love sticky buns, but don’t want to work for hours making the dough? These Easy Sticky Buns start with premade cinnamon rolls and a brown sugar sauce.
Easy Sticky Buns
Mmmm! I love sticky buns! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! However, making the cinnamon buns from scratch are sometimes a pain to make. I much prefer to use premade cinnamon rolls (because I’m lazy) but I can totally melt some butter and brown sugar and make this ooey gooey concoction to make my own sticky buns! It’s perfect for lazy mornings.
Like I mentioned, these are made with canned cinnamon buns. Pick up your favorite at the store, or make some like these, and then make the brown sugar topping to go with it. The brown sugar sauce can be made the day before or in the morning if you’ve forgotten. No biggie.
Here’s a few more Breakfast ideas for ya!
Easy Sticky Buns
Love sticky buns, but don’t want to work for hours making the dough? These Easy Sticky Buns start with premade cinnamon rolls and are topped with a brown sugar sauce.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- dash of salt
- Canned Cinnamon Buns (5 pack)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Melt the butter in a medium sized sauce pan and whisk in the brown sugar until it dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the honey, cream, water, and salt and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Store overnight in a plastic container if you are not using it right away.
- Pour the brown sugar into an 9″ pie pan and sprinkle in a 1/2 C of walnuts or pecans if desired.
- Add the pre-made cinnamon rolls to the pan and bake according the package directions. (Generally at 350 for 20 – 25 minutes.)
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then flip over onto a serving dish and dig in!
Brown Sugar Goo recipe from Flour: Spectacular Recipes from Boston's Flour Bakery + Cafe