These are some photos from my last trip to the pumpkin patch. As I said, I just love all the colors, shapes, sizes, and textures that natures creates! It’s a wonderful thing!
- Cut cake into quarters and place 1/4 into a mixing bowl. Add 2 Tablespoons of the frosting and mix with a paddle attachment until smooth. There should be no cake lumps and there should be no sign of the frosting. The batter should be that of a play-doh consistency. Add more cake if there is visible frosting. Add more frosting if the batter appears dry.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of the cake pop batter and place it on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. You should get 10 – 12 cake balls from 1/4 of a cake.
- Roll the batter between clean, dry hands until smooth. Do not compress the batter. Make each one slightly different shaped, or a little smaller or larger than the previous.
- Place the rolled cake balls into the fridge for 30 minutes depending on how soft your cake balls were. Do not place them into the freezer to speed things along. Getting the cake pops too cold will lead to cracked cake pops.
- Melt bright white candy melts in a deep glass bowl or ceramic mug according to directions. *TIP – place it in the microwave at full power for 1 minute. Stir and then place back in the microwave for 30-second intervals at 70% power. Do not overheat the candy coating. It will get thicker the hotter it gets.
- Remove cake balls from the fridge. Dip 1/4 inch of the stick into the candy and then insert it halfway into the cake ball. Complete all the cake pops.
- Coat each cake pop completely in the white candy melts and let set. If you want some bumps on some of the gourds, place a few sprinkles on the coating while it's still wet. Once the sprinkles have dried on, dip them a second time to cover them.
- Once the cake pops are hard and dry, use a small, dry paint brush to “paint” on the colors. Add darker and lighter to create shadows and depth. The copper luster dust really makes the orange pop and highlights the texture of the gourds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.