My fudgy lava chocolate cookies are the most delicious chocolate cookies that everyone will love. These cookies are always a crowd pleaser! These Cookies are a must make. You can take them to holiday get-togethers, birthday parties, or just make them for your own household to enjoy!
I would describe this cookie as very soft and decadent. Some may even say these cookies are like eating delicious chocolate hazelnut lava.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup sparkling sugar sprinkles
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until well combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Scoop dough into 2 tablespoon mounds. Roll into balls using your hands.
- Sprinkle work surface with granulated sugar and using a rolling pin, flatten the balls into 4-inch rounds.Be sure they aren’t too thin.
- Place on parchment-lined sheets and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the chocolate hazelnut spread onto parchment paper lined sheet pan and place in freezer 20-30 minutes.
- Remove chocolate hazelnut spread from freezer and place into the center of each cookie, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Gather the edges of the dough, pinch the tops together to seal. Place on baking pan pinched side down and sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly on pans. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
Perfect for a Holiday Cookie Exchange
I will say that every year I do participate in a holiday cookie exchange. These cookies are great for a holiday cookie exchange. You can be that one person that brings something delicious like Fudgy Lava Cookies.
While I like the traditional cookies you can find during the holidays, these cookies are awesome for any holiday cookie exchange that you may be participating in this year.
When you are working with a homemade cookie, you should know how to store them. A traditional cookie should always be cooled before they are stored. Pack them into airtight containers and keep them at room temperature.
Most cookies will only last a few days on the counter before they’re starting getting hard and inedible. Keeping cookies fresh comes down to making sure they are stored correctly and consumed within a few days. These types of cookies can also be frozen for consumption later.
What Kind of Drink Can You Enjoy with them
I personally think that the best drink to enjoy with any is a big glass of milk. Milk is an excellent way to enjoy all the chocolate in these cookies, without overdoing it. Plus: You can dip them in! You can also enjoy hot cocoa or coffee with these cookies! The warmth of the drink and the gooeyness of the chocolate goes well together.
Want to know what else you can stuff Nutella into?
- Nutella and Sea Salt Stuffed Sugar Cookies
- Strawberry Nutella Muffins
- Nutella and Banana Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- IKEA Hack Pancakes
- Nutella Stuffed French Toast
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.