Mini Cherry Pies for two. Just the right amount of pie for a quiet night in without any leftovers.
I am in my mid-thirties.
I was a bit young for the 80’s hair, but man, did I enjoy the 90’s hair!
And when I say hair, I mean HAIR BANDS!
As in Guns N Roses, Poison, Bon Jovi, Skid Row, and yes… Warrant.
I’ll admit now, that the entire time I was making my first cherry pie, I was singing “She’s my Cherry Pie, Cool drink of water such a sweet surprise!”
So, that’s my dirty secret for today…
You now know about my shameful taste in music.
You shouldn’t get into too much trouble with this simple dessert.
I cut the original recipe in half to just make two mini pies.
Simply double the recipe if you want to make a whole pie.
If you have a favorite pie crust recipe, feel free to use it in place of a pre-made one. Perfect Pie crust is on my bucket list for Dieter’s Downfall… One of these days….
And… because now I know you can’t get that song out of your head…
I actually got sick watching this video.
I’d like to take this moment to apologize to my mother for playing this song over and over…
Mini Cherry Pies
(2 mini pies)
- 1/4 – 1/3 C Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbls Cornstarch
- 1 can OregoN Red Tart Cherries + 1/2 can of juice
- 1/8 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 Tbls Butter
- 1 Premade Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- Roll, cut and add pie crusts to two mini pie pans. Set aside.
- Drain Cherries and reserve the juice.
- Add the cherry juice, cornstarch and sugar to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add in almond extract and cherries.
- Add to prepared pie tins and dot with butter.
- I made little cherry decorations for the top, decorate as desired with excess crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until crusts are brown and filling is bubbling.
- Cool pies and serve with a scoop of ice cream.
I know you love Cherry Desserts, so why not try Cherry Sangria from Wine and Glue, Cherry Lemonade Popsicles from The View from Great Island or Chocolate Cherry French Macarons from Taste and Tell.