No-Bake Mint Oreo Cheesecake – perfect for lazy people who don’t want to turn on their ovens.
Mint Cheesecake Cake – Day Two – No Bake Mint Oreo Cheesecake
When it’s hot outside, it’s a great time for no-bake treats! I’ve been craving a mint dessert and thought that adding Mint Oreo Cookies to a no-bake cheesecake would be the perfect treat. It’s easier than a traditional cheesecake, and you can be outside with the kids in no time.
This summer we have been really busy with activities. My daughter has tutoring, OT, swimming, camps, and vision therapy. My summer days have been busier than the school year. Back and forth driving, waiting during visits, and trying to still keep up with all the house things has kept me going non-stop. I’m not complaining; my daughter is happy and her brain isn’t turning to mush over the summer.
Do you keep your kids busy during the summer? I do find it easier than having her home all day asking me for help, for food, and to entertain her. I read an interesting article about how “bored” kids are really lazy kids. I hate to say it, but I’m convinced that my kid is lazy. She is all for building forts in the living room, but hates cleaning up when the fun is done. She is also lazy when it comes to playing outside. It’s too hot… it’s too sunny…. there’s nothing to do… I might get stung by a bee… I just want to watch television… Ugh!
My kid needs to get more creative and use her free time better, so I can get my work done.
- 1 box Mint Oreo Cookies
- 1/4 C butter, melted
- 3 - 8oz box cream cheese, full fat
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C heavy cream, whipped
- Garnish, whipped cream, optional
- Place the entire box of mint Oreo cookies into a food processor and pulse until it's 100% crumbled.
- Measure out 2 cups of the cookie crumbs and mix with melted butter. Press into a lined springform pan and place in the refrigerator.
- Beat the softened cream cheese until smooth and add in the sugar. Fold in the whipped cream by hand adding in half the remaining cookie crumbs at the very end.
- Transfer to the prepared springform crust and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Sprinkle on the remaining cookie crumbs on top, gently pressing them down to adhere.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Make some fresh whipped cream if desired, top and serve.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3