What’s better than a Coconut Macaroon? Peanut Butter Macaroons! These easy cookies are loaded with PB candies and dipped into peanut butter candy coating.
Peanut Butter Macaroons
These were so good!
Coconut Macaroons dipped in Peanut Butter Candy Melts and filled with mini peanut butter cup candies.
I mean, really! Do I even need to tell you how great these are?
I think I’ve mentioned that Mr. Quart doesn’t “do” coconut. I know, I know… weird-o!
I don’t know why he has such an irrational dislike for coconut.
- 3 C Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2/3 C Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 C Mini Peanut Butter Cup Candies
- Peanut Butter Candy Melts
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- In a stand mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Place coconut, almond extract and salt into a bowl and mix with a fork. Add in condensed milk and coat all the coconut.
- Fold egg whites into the coconut mixture. Add in mini peanut butter cups.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt Peanut Butter Candy Melts according to the directions on the bag. Dip the bottom of the macaroon into the candy scrape off any excess and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper until dry.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk.