Sweet, pumpkin butterscotch fudge that’s easy to make on the stovetop with marshmallow fluff and butterscotch chips!
I made Pumpkin Butterscotch FUDGE!
And I finally used my candy thermometer! I have always made fudge in the microwave. Easy, minimal mess and time involved. But, I figured if I’m gonna make it, I’m gonna make it right!
So I was trying to figure out what I could make with pumpkin that wasn’t pie or bread and I saw a note about Pumpkin fudge! I started researching recipes and I came across this one! I figured it sound the best and used up my Butterscotch chips! I am so happy that I made it!
2 cups sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
7 oz marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
11 oz package of Butterscotch morsels
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with foil.
- In a heavy pot combine sugar, brown sugar, milk, pumpkin, butter and spice. Bring to a full boil and stir constantly. Continue for 12 to 15 minutes until candy thermometer reached soft-ball stage, 234 to 240 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and quickly add in butterscotch, marshmallow, 1/2 cup nuts and vanilla. Stir until butterscotch is completely melted and then add to pan. Add remaining 1/2 cup nuts to the top of the fudge.
- Allow to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 1 inch squares, removing the foil, and share with good friends!
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
This fudge was very sweet! I made it with and without the walnuts. The walnuts helped to bring the sweetness down a bit. If you like super sweet fudge, this is the treat for you!
I have a few more FUDGE RECIPES you can try!
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.