I wish I could sit around and savor them more, but I just don’t have the time. Why is life moving so fast? I feel like I’m always on the go, yet never seem to really accomplish much. Or, when I do accomplish something then I’m moving right on to the next project.
For the Sugared Pepitas
- 3/4 cup Pepitas
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the Pumpkin Muffins
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark molasses
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 16 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
For the Pepitas
- The day before you want to bake, make your sugared pepitas. Line a cookie sheet with parchment and mix together the ingredients.
- Dump the pumpkin seeds onto the paper and leave them to dry overnight. You could speed things by cooking them at 350℉ for 30 minutes. The eggs whites should be completely dry, leaving the seeds and sugar behind. Leave the seeds in the oven with the door cracked for another hour and then leave them on the counter for another hour to complete drying. The pumpkin seeds should no longer be sticky and completely dry.
For the Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare your muffin pan. Either line it with paper cups or use a nonstick spray.
- Mix the butter, sugar, and molasses in your mixer with a paddle attachment. Gradually add the eggs on low speed making sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next one. Add the orange juice and pumpkin. It’ll look like it has curdled, but it’s all good.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and gradually add them into the batter. Mix them just until incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the liners (I use a standard sized ice cream scoop). Sprinkle some sugared pepitas over the top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes then let cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan.
- To freeze, place them in a freezer bag and seal. To rewarm, place in the microwave for 1 minute and enjoy!
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.