It’s never too late in the season for Pumpkin Waffles. These are made from scratch and are packed with delicious fall flavors like cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. The next time you need a recipe, give this one a shot. The whole family will love them.
What are pumpkin waffles?
Pumpkin waffles are a delicious and sweet way to start off your day or serve as a dessert. They are a nice autumn and Thanksgiving dish, made with pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin waffles can be topped with a variety of different syrups and whipped cream, or they can be served plain with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Why You’ll Love Pumpkin Spice Waffles
They are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea in the morning or as a midday snack. Whatever you choose to do with these spiced pumpkin waffles, they are sure to be a hit!
- Festive and seasonal. Every time the cooler months come around, pumpkin comes in season. Eat something full of pumpkin and spice.
- These waffles are easy to make. If you’ve never made pumpkin spice waffles, you’re not going to believe how easy they are to make!
- The perfect flavor and consistency. If you’re thinking about making these waffles, just know they have the perfect flavor and just the right consistency for irresistibly crunchy waffles.
Please check out the recipe card for the full list of ingredients.
- All-purpose flour: To base waffles, you’ll need all-purpose flour. Sift it before mixing.
- Baking powder and Baking soda: baking soda and baking powder are needed .
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar adds a little caramel note to our pumpkin waffles.
- The right spices: Autumn pumpkin recipes call for cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Pumpkin puree: Pumpkin puree is the star of the show in these waffles. Choose a flavorful, ripe pumpkin.
- Milk: Use whole milk to create a nice, thick batter.
Serving and toppings
You can serve the waffles just the way you or your family or loved ones like them. Try one of the following topping ideas:
- Add a bit of butter on top to give your waffles a nice extra flavor boost.
- Top your waffles with some delicious maple syrup or honey for the perfect finishing touch.
- For a sweeter version, add in some chocolate chips or toffee bits.
- If you want to take your waffles to the next level, top them with some whipped cream.
- Nuts or sprinkles add an extra crunch and flavor.
- Toasted pumpkin seeds add a nutty and delicious touch to our pumpkin waffles. Just use and roast the ones that come naturally with your fresh pumpkin.
- Top your waffles with slices of fresh fruit, like apple or berries.
- Make a savory version by adding in some salt, garlic powder or green onions and cut out the sugar.
- Try topping your waffles with vanilla ice cream or caramel sauce for a treat!
How to Store Spiced Pumpkin Waffles
To store spiced pumpkin waffles, you should keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and freeze them for up to 2-3 months.
When you’re ready to eat your waffles, simply reheat them in the oven or microwave or enjoy them fresh out of the refrigerator.
Spiced Pumpkin Waffles Recipe
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree Pumpkin puree recipe
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the waffle iron. Preheat oven to 200° F (100° C) forr keeping the baked waffles warm. Set out a baking sheet.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and allow to cool while you prepare the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, spices, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, milk, and melted butter until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is mostly smooth.
- Lightly spray the top and bottom of the waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into hot waffle iron and cook according to waffle iron directions until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove and set on the baking sheet, place in oven to keep warm.
- Serve with toppings of your choice of butter, syrup, whip cream, pecans, and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.Share Pin Tweet (X) Email
Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.