Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/red-velvet-christmas-cupcakes/
© 2018 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Beautiful Red Velvet Cupcakes will be the hit of the dinner party!
For the Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) red food coloring
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Frosting
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sugar Crystals, optional
- Fondant Circles
- Sugared Cranberries
Bake the Cupcakes
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350. Place liners into the cupcake pan.
- Beat eggs with whisk attachment for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add oil and sugar, beating well then add buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and red food coloring.
- Switch to the paddle attachment and add dry ingredients, beating until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, measure the batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Set aside and cool.
Prepare your frosting.
- Combine all ingredients until desired consistency is reached. Put in a pipping bag fitted with a Wilton 1M tip. Frost the cupcakes and decorate with some white sugar sprinkles. Set aside.
Prepare the fondant topping.
- Take your 2" fondant circle and add a touch of corn syrup. Attach 3 sugared cranberries and a leaf. Place the fondant circle on top of frosting.
Cupcake and Frosting recipe from SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist