Oh Wow! I Loved this Pie!
If you love a good Lemon Meringue Pie, you’re sure to enjoy this twist.
I started brainstorming for a pie recipe to the Tidy Mom’s Love the Pie Bake-Off a few weeks ago when Cheryl announced her Annual baking competition and this years AMAZING grand prize!
A Brand New Whirlpool OVEN!! (I want it)
This is amazing, people! And, you can’t win if you don’t play… so…
Over the weekend, I baked two pies.
This being one of them.
I started out baking a Meringue Shell in a pie tin.
I baked it (in my OVEN) and then let it dry all night long (in my OVEN).
This morning, I got up and got to work on the Lemon Curd.
I heated it (on the STOVE TOP) to 160 deg F.
It’s so easy to make, why buy it in a can??
Once it was cooled, I whipped up some heavy cream and folded half of it into the lemon curd.
The meringue crust was completely dry, so I placed it on a cake serving dish and filled it with the lemon cream.
Then topped with the remainder of the whipped cream.
I really liked the tart lemon flavor mixed with the fresh cream.
And the slight crunch of the meringue crust was perfect! Nothing to interfere with the lemon burst on your tongue.
You can make this pie in one day. There is no need to let the meringue sit all night, but you do want to make this on a day with low humidity.
I will definitely be making this pie again!
I loved it!
When you make it, I’m sure you’ll love it too!
Upside-down Lemon Cream Meringue Pie
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tarter
- 1 C Extra Fine Sugar
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 3 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbls Lemon Peel
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- Whip Egg Whites with Cream of Tartar. When the white start to thicken, add the sugar one tablespoon at a time and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Spray a 9 inch pie tin with some cooking spray and fill the tin with the Meringue.
- Bake at 350 def F for 30 minutes and leave it in the oven for several hours to continue drying and cooling.
- Place the ingredients into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat. Stir the mixture until it reached 160 deg F. Reduce heat, and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to another bowl to cool completely.
- Once cool, make Whipped Cream. Stir in 1/2 of the whipped cream into the lemon curd and spread into shell. Top with remaining whip cream and serve.
- Enjoy with someone sweet!