Watch your waistline without sacrificing breakfast. These Coconut Flour Chocolate Pancakes are a yummy morning treat that just happens to be good for you.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Pancakes
30 days done!
I am so proud of myself for making it through 30 days of healthy eating.
I have tried new vegetables and new recipes. If you’re not a picky eater, you may not fully understand the magnitude of this.
Take these Coconut Flour pancakes for example. I love pancakes! Love, love, love them! I was really nervous to try something new because it wasn’t going to to be the same.
I knew going in that they were not going to be light and fluffy.
I knew I was going to miss the flavor of my Buttermilk Pancakes. But then I thought about the differences in Bisquick versus Krusteaz. They are different pancakes. People definitely have their preferences and favorite. So, I decided to take that Negative Nancy, shut her up, and give something new a try.
And you know what? I’m still alive to tell you about it. And – I had seconds!
One month into my Weight Loss Wednesday posts and honestly, I wish I had better news for you. I have lost 3.5 pounds (as of 10/01/2013). I also lost 3 pounds in August before I “officially” started my diet, but I do feel better. I’ve always been a good sleeper, but I don’t feel super hungry during the day. I’m not suffering from midday fatigue. My routines are better and I’m getting used to cooking all of my meals.
The one thing that I’m not too proud of is that I stopped working out two weeks ago. I hadn’t lost any weight at my three week post and I was so bummed. Ten days after I stopped running, I weighed myself and the 3.5 pounds dropped off.
So, I’ve decided to swap my workout routine to three different 30 day challenges for the month of October. I’ll be doing a sit-up challenge, a push-up challenge, and a kettlebell challenge. I figure that push-ups are close enough to a plank that it’ll be good for that as well.
The other thing that I’m going to do is WALK. Good old fashioned walking. Almost 5 years ago, my husband built me a treadmill desk. I was really good about walking on it every day for several miles, but when I lost my job, I stopped walking on it. Even with blogging, I just never got back on it to work. Well, no more!
Mr. Quart got me an early birthday present – a Fitbit Flex Wristband! So now I can track my way to 10,000 steps every day!
So, that’s your update.
I did not take body measurements in September, but I had my husband record it for me on Oct. 1. I hope to show a few inches lost come November 1.
I’m still eating as low carb and paleo as I can. It’s not easy and takes a lot of planning. I’m very happy to have YOU and husband encourage me along the way.
Wanna know who else is doing great?? Check out these ladies and share some support.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Pancakes
These Coconut Flour Chocolate Pancakes are a yummy morning treat that just happen to be good for you.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or regular butter)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat your Griddle or pan to 350 degrees (medium – high heat).
- Beat the egg yolks, milk, oil, syrup, extract, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine your dry ingredients and add them to your egg yolk mixture. It will get thick.
- Place your egg white into a mixing bowl and whip until they have soft peaks. Fold the flour / egg mixture into the egg white in three increments.
- Finally add in the chocolate chips.
- Use some coconut oil to grease the griddle and use an ice cream scooper to measure out a 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook and flip when the sides are firm and bubbles start to form on the top.
- Enjoy with a sprinkling of dried coconut and some fresh fruit.