Red Velvet Christmas Cupcakes topped with delicious marshmallow fondant and sugared cranberries. They are perfect for your holiday desserts.
Red Velvet Christmas Cupcakes
Oh! I loved these Red Velvet Christmas cupcakes! Aren’t they just so elegant?? These Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting topped with Marshmallow Fondant and Sugared Cranberries were great for my Thanksgiving dinner guests! That’s right! I made cupcakes for Thanksgiving dessert. No pie. I just could not bring myself to make a dessert that I couldn’t photograph. The final dress up and photo shoot was done at noon on Thanksgiving when I really should have been cleaning… oh well! It all got taken cake of.
Do you feel totally rushed during the Christmas season? I know the feeling well. Between baking and creating recipes for the blog, taking care of the house, getting my kiddo to all her actives and Christmas shopping – not to mention present wrapping, moving the Elf every night, and taking care of all the animals – it’s a crazy time.
I try my best to take a night off and relax each week and decompress. No responsibilities or requirements to take care of. Ahhh! Do you take a night off of adulting? You should!
These Red Velvet Christmas Cupcakes would be a perfect treat for a night off! Or take them to the office party or a holiday gathering. They are absolutely stunning to serve and everyone will be blown away with the beautiful details! You can’t get cupcakes this tasty and this lovely at the bakery without costing an arm and a leg!
Beautiful Red Velvet Cupcakes will be the hit of the dinner party!
For the Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) red food coloring
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Frosting
Bake the Cupcakes
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350. Place liners into the cupcake pan.
- Beat eggs with whisk attachment for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add oil and sugar, beating well then add buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and red food coloring.
- Switch to the paddle attachment and add dry ingredients, beating until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, measure the batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Set aside and cool.
Prepare your frosting.
- Combine all ingredients until desired consistency is reached. Put in a pipping bag fitted with a Wilton 1M tip. Frost the cupcakes and decorate with some white sugar sprinkles. Set aside.
Prepare the fondant topping.
- Take your 2" fondant circle and add a touch of corn syrup. Attach 3 sugared cranberries and a leaf. Place the fondant circle on top of frosting.
by Karyn Granrud
Recipe NotesCupcake and Frosting recipe from SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist