A classic brownie recipe with a delicious peanut butter swirl, these peanut butter brownies are the perfect combination!
Peanut Butter Brownies
Who can resist fudgy brownies with a peanut butter swirl? I sure can’t, that’s for sure. These brownies (and the peanut butter cookies) totally sabotaged any healthy eating this past week.
I seriously had brownies for breakfast over the weekend… Sigh…
However, in my defense, this brownie recipe is easy and delicious!
One-Pot Brownie Recipe
I love this simple eay to make brownies. One pot and a baking dish are all that you need to make these peanut butter brownies. No fancy mixers required and the best part is that you won’t get a bunch of dishes dirty.
Simply melt the chocolate chips and butter together – I do this over the stove, but you can also melt it carefully in the microwave if you want.
Once the chocolate is melted and stirred smooth you can add in the rest of the basic ingredients.
This brownie mix is so versatile. Throw in some walnuts, add some extract, mix in some candies; it’s all good.
I cut up my brownies on the small side – maybe 1.5″ squared – that way I can trick myself into thinking that I’m not eating as much when I just pop one into my mouth. ha-ha! You can cut these as big or as small as you like. I used about half the pan to make the pie with, so please don’t eat all of the brownies if you are planning on making the peanut butter pudding pie.
If you do happen to eat all of the brownies, I really couldn’t blame you. It’s very easy to whip up another batch.
Making the Peanut Butter Swirl
The simple addition of the peanut butter is to give these brownies the additional flavor but also that pretty swirl on top.
To make that swirl, place your peanut butter into a plastic baggie and snip off a corner. This will help you control the PB and add a slow stream over the brownie batter. Once the PB is pipped out, that the edge of a knife and drag it through the peanut butter creating that swirled look.
Don’t worry about it being “perfect”. There’s no such thing. Just give it a good swirl – don’t actually mix it into the brownie batter.
And there you have it! If you’re looking for an easy brownie base that comes together quickly and produces yummy, fudgy brownies, then this is the one! I think they are the best homemade brownies!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter - creamy is best
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil.
- In a large pot melt the chocolate and butter over low heat. When melted and smooth remove from the heat and whisk to cool for 5 minutes. Whisk in the sugars and then the eggs, one at a time. Finally add in the vanilla, salt, and flour. Pour into the baking dish.
- Place the peanut butter into a baggie, snip off a small bit from the corner and then squeeze out four horizontal lines of peanut butter over top. Drag the edge of a knife across the peanut butter to create the swirls.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours before serving.
- Cut and enjoy with a glass of milk.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.