I so wish that there were a Trader Joe’s closer to me!
I don’t get there very often because I have to drive an hour and a half to get there. I recently found out that there is a Trader Joe’s around the corner from my M.I.L! I could not believe it!
Now, when I need something, I plan it with her a few days in advance of seeing her and I get my goodies.
Now, life is better. Not Perfect – just better.
(Perfect would be the TJ’s around the corner from ME.)
Anyway…. a few months ago, I was at Trader Joe’s and my Little Cup picked out some Cat Cookies. She wanted them for lunch and snack. So, into the basket they went.
Turns out she doesn’t like Cat Cookies.
And I LOVE them! Especially when dipped right into Nutella from the container! So good!
Turns out that these little Cat Cookies are made from the same stuff as the Cookie Butter that they sell.
So, I put on my Evil Genius Cape and made some Cookie Butter Truffles for you.
Step 1. Put cookies into a Food Processor
Step 2. Pulverize the Cookies
Step 3. Add the Cookie Butter
Step 4. Make Balls
NOTE : I don’t suggest putting them onto sticks. The cookies are very dense. If you insert a stick into the cookie ball, it will crack and break apart. Leave them as truffles.
If you end up with a naked spot in the bottom of you truffle, simply re-dip the bottom and allow it to dry.
Now, just a little disclaimer.
These are NOT Cake Truffles. They are not soft and moist on the inside.
Since they were made with hard, crunchy cookies, they do have a course texture inside. Not really crunchy, but not really creamy either.
It’s a mixture of the fine crumbs and the butter.
I really liked the flavor of these! They have the slight gingerbread flavor that is perfect for the holiday season.
I think these would be a good treat on a holiday dessert table.
If you haven’t had Cookie Butter or you don’t have a Trader Joe’s around you, I’m sure you can do the exact same thing with Biscoff Cookies and Spread.
Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter Truffles
- 3 C Trader Joe's Cat Cookies
- 1/2 C Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter
- Dark Chocolate Candy Coating
- Put three cups of cookies into a Food Processor and grind until only small crumbs remain.
- Add in Cookie Butter and mix until all crumbs are incorporated.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- *If the balls will not hold, add a bit more of the cookie butter. I could not make perfectly round balls because they threatened to fall apart.
- Place rolled balls into the fridge and melt candy melts.
- Dunk the ball into the chocolate or spoon over the ball on a fork. Tap off excess and transfer to a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- If desired, add cookie or cookie crumbs (or sprinkles) to the wet chocolate to decorate.
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!
This post was Featured on: