Enjoy this High Protein Breakfast Smoothie to get you going every morning. Packed with greens and whey powder, this smoothie keeps me full.
High Protein Breakfast Smoothie
Today I am starting a new adventure. For the past two years of this dessert blogging I have gained 20 pounds!
I am not proud of that. I don’t blame the blog entirely. It’s been my overall eating habits, laziness, lack of planning, and general mindless eating that has packed on these pounds.
My Goals are –
Educate myself about eating better
- Learn more about sugar, fructose, sucralose, lactose agave, honey, maple and any other REAL sweeteners.
- Find an exercise routine that works for me
- Try a lot of new recipes that include a lot more veggies
- Find an eating lifestyle that works for me and my family
- Find and Share inspiration about weight loss and exercise goals
- To share my struggles and bumps along the way
- Make some new treats and snacks that don’t revolve around sugar!
- Lose 20 pounds
My first “recipe” is a Protein shake that I’ve been enjoying for breakfast for the past month.
Yes, it takes a bit to get used to, but you can work up to it. One of the toughest things to eliminate in the morning was my coffee. I like it sweet! I like it with milk. I tried to give it up over the summer, but honestly, I just couldn’t do it. So I started reducing my intake and now I am down to half a cup of coffee. Not half of a mug, a half cup.
I found that by using cold coffee, almond milk and the chocolate protein powder, I got a nice semi-sweet mocha coffee that I tolerated.
Then I added some peanut butter to it.
Then I added a frozen banana to it.
Then I added some spinach to it.
Then I worked up the courage to add some Kale and chia seeds to it.
And I still like it. Pretty Awesome!
All that good stuff, blended up for a healthy, protein packed breakfast that held me over for 4 hours. Not too shabby!
Yes, it took a week for my body to go respond to the “limited” food in the morning, but I’ve gotten over that hump and I’m doing good. I’ll let you know next week if it’s still enough before a morning run.
I’ve tried a few different protein shakes and I really like this CytoSport 100% Whey ProteinChocolate. My husband is a purest and likes to just add his scoop of protein to a cup of water.
I like my way better.
Along with me on this journey to better health, losing weight and getting in shape are a few more bloggers. Please head on over to these blogs and show them some support on their quest.
- French Press
- Wonky Wonderful
- Call Me PMc
- Sweet Twist of Blogging
- It’s Yummi
- The Haas Machine
- Clarks Condensed
- The Foodette
- Sarah SaturDIY
If you are a blogger and interested in joining us, please send me an email (pi[email protected]) and I’ll send ya some information!
High Protein Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 heaping scoop of CytoSport 100% Whey Protein
- 1/2 C Black Coffee cold
- 1/2 C Unsweetened Almond Milk or milk of your choice
- 1 heaping Tbls Powdered Peanut Butter
- Big handful of Spinach
- Small handful of Kale
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- ice cubes
- ground flax seed
- OPTIONAL - banana strawberry, blueberry – any frozen fruit you think would be good
- Add all ingredients in order into your blender or use an immersion blender and blend until smooth.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.Share Pin Tweet (X) Email
Here’s a few more Happy and Healthy Recipes you may enjoy.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.