Enjoy a delicious banana cake loaded with cream cheese frosting! These banana nut squares are perfect for an after school snack or a weeknight dessert.
Banana Nut Squares
I love banana desserts. I’ve made a Banana Birthday Cake, Banana Whisky Cupcakes, and banana nut muffins, but I think that these Banana Nut Squares are so good and tasty! It’s an easy banana sheet cake with cream cheese frosting, and it’s the perfect way to use up some of those brown bananas sitting on the counter. The whole family is going to love them and they are perfect for sharing at a neighborhood party. Make a batch today!
For the Bars
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
For the Frosting
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Cinnamon Spiced Pecans (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Mix first four ingredients together. Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Hand stir in nuts.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, then cool completely.
- For the frosting, combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth and then gradually add in powdered sugar. Frosting should be smooth and creamy.
- Once the banana bars are cool, frost and cut 6 rows by 4 rows and add a cinnamon pecan (or plain) to each square.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.