Bake the new neighbors this blueberry Swedish cake recipe. It’s simple and delicious and perfect to give and receive. Blueberries meet a lemon glaze meet a crunchy meringue.
Blueberry Swedish Visiting Cake
This delicious fresh Blueberries Cake features a crunchy almond meringue topping and a fruity lemon glaze from real lemons. The recipe is very simple and whips up in minimal time.
It’s perfect for a weeknight dessert, to a pot luck, or make for a bake sale. The cake also makes a great addition to parties. It is a simple one with a sophisticated meringue finish. You can increase the amount of blueberries if you really like the fruity stuff.
Store the bars
Store the blueberry cake bare wrapped airtight. They will keep at room temperature for 4 to 5 days.
Blueberry Cake with Almond Meringue Topping
For the cake
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice fresh
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick Butter 8 tablespoons, molten
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the Glaze
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon milk
For the meringue topping
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1½ cups sliced almonds blanched or unblanched
- Preheat your oven it to 350°F (180°C). Lightly greeze a 9×13 baking pan or line with wax paper.
- To make the topping: Put the powdered sugar in a bowl. Crack 3 eggs, seperate and pour the egg whites over the sugar. Mix with a folk until the sugar is moistened. Lumps are ok. Put in the almonds and stir them in until they’re coated with the sugared whites. Work gently to not break the almonds. Set aside.
- To make the cake base: Take a large mixing bowl, whisk in it sugar, eggs and salt together uwith a hand blender. The mixture will become foamy, turn light in color and thicken. It takes about 2 minutes. Then whisk in vanilla and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Then gently stir in the flour with a flexible baking spatula. As soon as the flour is incorporated, gradually fold in the molten butter. Do not overmix. You want to have a thick batter with a nice shine. Pour it into the prepared pan and work the batter into the corners. The layer will be quite thin.Sprinkle the blueberries evenly over the batter.
- Give the prepared almond sugar topping a quick stir and spread it out evenly onto the cake batter. Make sure to get some almonds into the corners too.
- Now bake for 30 to 32 minutes. The meringue topping will be pale golden brown.
- Transfer the baking pan to a rack and let rest for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cake pan and unmold it onto the cooling rack. Very gently peel away the wax paper and invert the cake onto another rack. Let it cool to room temperature.
- To make the lemon glaze: Mix together the sieved powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk until smooth. Drizzle over the cake, or cut the bars first and drizzle then.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.