Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/chocolate-caramel-apples/
© 2016 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Caramel Apples
Fancy Chocolate Dipped Caramel Apples can be made at home.
pound Dark Chocolate (<70% cocoa)
cup White Chocolate Chips
Optional - Sprinkles, Copper Luster Dust
To Temper Chocolate
- Chop your chocolate up uniformly. Place ⅔ of it into a clean, DRY top of a double boiler. If you don't have one, place a large glass bowl over a pot of simmering, not boiling water. The bowl should not be touching the water. Stir it until it melts and reaches 110.
- Remove from the heat and wait for it to cool back down to 95. Add the remaining chocolate. Stir it in allowing the heat of the melted chocolate to melt the solid chocolate while the solid pieces will cool the melted chocolate. Once it's smooth, it's ready for the apples.
To dip the apples
- They should be dry and at room temperature. It's best not to refrigerate them if you are planning on adding the chocolate. Dip the apple into the chocolate and turn it to coat. Shake off the excess chocolate and scrape off the bottom. Add any topping that you want to while still wet, then stand up on parchment to dry.
- Melt the White Chocolate Chips in the microwave at 70% power. Place some into a baggie with an edge snipped off and drizzle the white over to make a design. Add sprinkles if desired and allow to dry.
- If you want to add the copper luster dust, use a small dry paintbrush to brush on the luster dust. Add desired decorations.