This is a VERY special (to me) post.
This is my FIRST post with products that were given to me. FREE Products. A Sponsored Post.
This is big news for my little blog!
I’d like to give a BIG THANK YOU to Kernel Season’s Popcorn Seasoning for finding me on Twitter and offering me, and YOU, some free products!
This is what I picked. What will you pick?? They have many flavors to try. Check them out!
I’ve seen the posts by Crazy for Crust, Something Swanky, Inside BruCrew Life, and Lady Behind the Curtain with their Seasoning recipes, so I had to come up with something “different”.
And since, there’s this Big Pie Party going on at Tidy Mom, I figured I’d get two birds with this post!
I used the Kernel Season’s White Cheddar Popcorn Seasoning to make a White Cheddar Apple Pie.
I have NEVER made this type of pie before, nor have I ever made my own crust. It always seemed like it was such a difficult thing to get perfect. So, I Googled it and Martha Stewart popped up with an amazing looking pie.
If making pie dough intimidates you, head on over and watch the videos of her making this crust. No need to be worried anymore.
I adapted the recipe from here.
I cut out the salt and reduced the amount of cheese used and added in the White Cheddar Seasoning to the crust.
Using a Food Processor is the easiest way to make pie dough and so, that’s what I did.
It will be crumbly, but will hold together when pressed an squeezed.
Once the crust are made, wash, peel, cut and core your apples and add the spices.
Again, I omitted the salt.
Bake it for over an hour and let it cool.
You’ll see the cheese in the crust brown up. Doesn’t that look delicious?
The savory and salty flavor of the crust with the sweet cinnamon flavor of the apple were great.
White Cheddar Cheese Apple Pie
Recipe added to your shopping list.
- 11 oz. Flour
- 1 Tbls Sugar
- 3/4 C Cold Butter
- 4 oz Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 capful of Kernel Seasonings White Cheddar Seasoning
- 1/4 – 1/2 C Cold Water
- 3 – 4 pounds of Apples
- 2 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbls Flour
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- In a food processor, pulse flour and butter, about 4-8 pulses, until butter is fine crumbles. Add in sugar, cheese, and Kernel Season’s White Cheddar seasoning. Pulse and add cold water as needed. Check to see if dough hold shape by squeezing it.
- Dump half out onto plastic wrap and press dough together and press together forming a disk. place both discs into the fridge and prepare apples.
- Wash, peel, cut and core apples. Place them into a large bowl with lemon juice to keep them from browning. Once all cut up, stir in sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
- Roll out one pie crust and lay in pie pan. Fill with apples. Roll second pie crust very thin and cover apples. Pinch edges together and trim excess crust off and tuck under rim of pie pan. Press edges to form a decorated crust. Cut slits in top to vent steam.
- Bake at 425 deg F for 20 minutes and then reduce heat to 375 deg F and continue cooking for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee.
Product for giveaway is provided and shipped by Kernel Seasoning. Pint Sized Baker is not responsible or liable for giveaway. Winner will be contacted on Wednesday, Nov 21th as to their win and must respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. Kernel Season’s provided me with three free containers of Popcorn Seasoning flavors of my choice. All opinions are 100% my own.
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!