Cookie Icebox Cake
I think I may have outdone myself here… What do you think of this gorgeously stunning Cookie Icebox Cake?
It’s the first Icebox Cake that I’ve made and had. I was telling my Mom about making this and how good it was and she told me about how my Grandmother used to make Icebox Cakes with chocolate wafers. Ummm… where were these cakes when I was a kid Mom? Why did you not make your mother’s desserts?
Thank goodness for Martha Stewart to fill me in on the awesomeness of this dessert. To add to Ms. Stewart’s recipe, I made some homemade Chocolate Sauce to pour over the top.
- 1½ cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1½ cups Dutch-processed cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon whiskey (if desired)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- Chocolate Sauce
- In a small pot, bring water and sugar to a boil and whisk in cocoa, salt, and corn syrup. Whisk until all of the solids have dissolved. Reduce sauce until slightly thickened. Stir in whisky if desired. Strain and cool to room temperature. Transfer to a mason jar and refrigerate.
- Layer the cookies and mascarpone whip cream and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, whip cream until soft peaks form and top the Icebox Cake.
- Drizzle desired amount of Chocolate Syrup over cake.
- Top with chocolate shavings.
- Cut with a large serrated knife and share with great company.
Also, I found these adorable spoons while at Epcot and wanted to show them off… I wanted one in each color, but just got these two cute ones. It was so hard to resist all the cuteness!
But I digress…
This was the first time I made an Icebox Cake and it’s the first time that I made my own Chocolate Syrup. All I can say is, why didn’t someone tell me how good homemade chocolate syrup was?? Oh my!
I hope that you like my little video on making this cake. I hope to make more videos and animated .GIF’s of my treats. Aren’t they fun?
Did you like that? Mr. Quart decided to help… Thanks babe!