It’s the week of the 4th of July and the Dog Days of summer are upon us. It’s been in the 90’s for the past few days in the Mid-Atlantic area and I’m taking refuge in cool drinks and frozen treats. In fact, the heat index today was equivalent to the surface of Mars. How do you stay cool on these hot days? Are you headed off to the pool or beach with the family or more of a hide in the basement until the sun goes down kinda person? I personally love the warm weather, but I do try to avoid the middle of the day when the sun is blazing. I made the mistake of trying to pull weeds at 2 pm the other day and nearly died. No thank you! I’ll be in the shade drinking a cool cocktail or getting the ice cream machine out for some homemade ice cream! It’s a hot summer, cool treats to the rescue!
Hot Summer – Cool Treats
- Bubble Gun Ice Cream Recipe from Glue Sticks Blog
- Watermelon Berry Popsicles from Food Fun Family
- Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake from Simply Blended Smoothies
- Strawberry Cream Pie from Simply Stacie
- Frozen Coffee Cream Pie from Cookie Dough Oven Mitt
- Sparkling Citrus Sangria from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Strawberry Ginger Cocktail from Ann’s Entitled Life
- Watermelon Coconut Rum Punch from Delightful E Made
- Frozen Sweet Tea Vodka Popsicles from Home Cooking Memories
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Pops from Sparkle Living Blog
- Raspberry Sorbet Wine Spritzers from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Summer cocktail Basil Berry Daiquiri from Home Cooking Memories
Here’s a few more cool treats to beat the summer heat! Everyone loved this Strawberry Rhubarb Frozen Yogurt Pie!
O you can sit back and sip on this Strawberry Lemonade Spritzer while the kids run in the sprinkler!
But my all time favorite dessert (any time of year) is ice cream!!! With fresh peaches in season, who can resist a bowl of this Peaches and Cream Ice Cream.
Two Cup Tuesday Linky Party No.278
Now, on to the PARTY!! It’s time to link up all your recent posts to the Two Cup Tuesday Party! Each week I will share the Best of the Blogs with some of my favorite recipes and crafts who link up!
Grab a button! You deserve it!
You bloggers are the best! I’m looking forward to seeing all the wonderful link-ups this week!
I’m also A Pinning Fool! I’ve pined TONS of great recipes and tutorials from Two-Cup Tuesday! Check out my Two-Cup Tuesday Pin-board!
I’d love to get to know you, so please leave a comment introducing yourself!
Thanks so much for linking up!
As a courtesy to all party guests, please only link posts that have not been shared here previously. We want to see NEW and EXCITING content.