Make the perfect sweet and light treat to have as a snack with this Strawberry Soda Jell-o recipe. It is the ideal dessert to have during warmer weather, but you can eat it all year-’round because it is that good!
What Is Strawberry Soda Jell-o?
Strawberry Soda Jell-o is a simple yet delicious dessert that you can enjoy whenever you are in the mood for a sweet treat. If you do not know how to make soda jell-o, follow the instructions in this recipe to prepare it. You can make it with minimal ingredients, allow it to chill, and then serve it to your loved ones. It is a classic summer treat, but you can make it during any season throughout the year. The dessert is great to bring to potlucks and various special occasions, including holidays and family gatherings. Both children and adults will love it!
The Ingredients to Use When Making Strawberry Soda Jell-o
When you want to make the tasty Strawberry Soda Jell-o, the specific ingredients you will need include:
- Gelatin. Make sure you have at least two envelopes of gelatin available to use for this recipe.
- Cold Water. The packets of gelatin get sprinkled on top of the cold water until the gelatin becomes soft.
- Boiling Water. You will need to mix the gelatin with boiling water when creating your gelatin.
- Sugar. Make your dessert even sweeter by adding half a cup of sugar to the mix.
- Strawberry Soda. Choose any brand of strawberry soda for this recipe. You will need to have two cups of it.
As you can see, you do not need too many ingredients to make this treat. Make sure you have a baking dish and a bundt pan that you can use when preparing this dessert. It would help if you had a jello mold available to use, too.
How to Store the Strawberry Jell-o
Always store the Strawberry Soda Jell-o in the refrigerator. You can cover it in plastic wrap to keep it concealed. If you decide to slice it into small cubes or pieces, you may want to put those pieces into a food storage container with an airtight lid for maximum freshness. Once you have your gelatin dessert stored in the fridge, it should stay fresh and delicious for up to four days.
Can You Freeze the Strawberry Soda Jell-o?
It is not a good idea to put the Strawberry Soda Jell-o in the freezer. Although you can place it in the freezer for a maximum of 15 minutes, leaving it in there any longer can ruin its consistency. If the texture gets ruined, the dessert will not taste good. Your best bet is to keep the dessert in the fridge to keep it fresh.
Delicious Treats to Make With Jell-o
While you can eat the Strawberry Soda Jell-o after it chills in the fridge for a bit, you can also use the gelatin as a primary ingredient in other tasty desserts. These are a few of the delicious treats you can consider making with your gelatin:
Strawberry Jell-o Ice Cream Cake
Add a layer of ice cream to the bottom of a bundt pan and place it in the freezer. When your gelatin is ready, remove it from the baking dish, cut it into small slices, and place it on top of the ice cream. Put a layer of whipped cream or another type of whipped topping over the gelatin and then serve immediately.
Graham Cracker Gelatin Cake
Mix graham crackers and butter in a food processor together to create the perfect crust. Spread it out in the bottom of the baking dish. Place a layer of whipped cream on top and place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Remove your dish from the freezer and place your soda jello on top for a refreshing and flavorful treat. Don’t forget to use the recipe for jell-o mold.
Other Types of Flavored Soda Jell-o Desserts You Can Make
Suppose strawberry is not your favorite flavor. If not, you can replace the strawberry soda with plenty of other flavored beverages. Some of the other great flavored drinks to use when following this recipe include orange soda, grape soda, cherry cola, cream soda, and pineapple soda. Choose a carbonated beverage that you like most, mix it with the gelatin, and follow the directions in this recipe to prepare a delicious treat.
I love a good Jell-o Dessert, so here’s a few more!
For the Strawberry Soda Jell-o
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups Strawberry Soda
For the Ice Cream Jell-o
- 3 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
For the Strawberry Soda Layer
- Sprinkle the 2 packets of gelatin over the cold water and let it sit until it’s absorbed and softened.
- Pour boiling water over it and stir until dissolved. Add in sugar and strawberry soda and combine.
- When the sugar is completely dissolved, pour into a 9×13 baking dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into cubes and transfer to a bundt pan. Store in the fridge while making the ice cream layer.
For the Ice Cream Layer
- Sprinkle 3 packets of gelatin over cold water and let it sit until it’s absorbed and softened. Pour boiling water over and stir until dissolved. Add in sugar and stir then set aside.
- Place the 2 cups of ice cream in a small pot. Melt it over medium heat on the stove, or in the microwave, until it’s liquid. Stir the melted ice cream into the gelatin mixture then let it sit to come to room temperature.
- Pour the ice cream over the strawberry soda cubes and refrigerated overnight. Cut and serve them up for a no-melt treat!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.