Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/traditional-lemon-cheesecake-recipe/
© 2016 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Traditional Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
For the Crust
oz graham crackers
Tbsp butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
Tbsp lemon zest
-8 oz packages cream cheese, cut into 1" chunks
C lemon juice, apx 2 - 3 small lemons
tsp vanilla extract
C heavy cream
Round Pound Meyer Lemon Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until they are all uniform crumbs. Add the melted butter until the mixture is evenly moistened and the crumbs look like wet sand.
- Press the buttered crumbs into an 8" springform pan. Use a measuring up with a 90 degree edge to press the crumbs up against the sides of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Remove and cool.
For the Cheesecake Filling
- While the crust is cooling, make the filling.
- Mix ¼ cup of sugar and mix it with the lemon zest. Set aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese in a stand up mixer until smooth. Gradually add in the remaining 1 cup of sugar and lemon sugar. Increase the speed to medium and beat until creamy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Reduce the speed and add one egg at a time until incorporated. Beat in the lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt until just combined. Add the heavy cream and mix on low until incorporated.
- Scrape down the sides by hand.
- Wrap the springform pan with 2 layers of heavy duty foil.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Place the springform pan into a larger roasting pan into the oven. Pour hot water into the larger roasting pan to create a waterbath. The water should be about half the height of the springform pan, but not above the foil.
- Bake the cheesecake for 55 - 65 minutes. The center will still be slightly jiggly, but the edges will be set. Turn the oven off but leave the cheesecake in the warm oven for another hour.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Remove the foil. cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Add sliced strawberries or lemon curls before serving.
- Pour ¼ cup of the Round Pound Meyer Lemon Syrup over the top, slice and serve.